Every Vizio TV has buttons that are on the TV’s own. However, they might be located in difficult-to-find locations. They are typically located on the side of the TV located in the bottom right or left corner. The layout varies between models. However, once you discover that power switch, you’ll be able to turn on the TV without using having a remote.
How to Turn on a Vizio TV Without a Remote
You’ll also have channels, volume, and input buttons alongside the power button. The reason Vizio keeps these buttons hidden is twofold. The first concern is aesthetics. The regulators clash with the minimalist and sleek design of most contemporary televisions.
The other reason is that the built-in buttons aren’t intended for navigation menus. The remote included and the smartphone apps are more effective and efficient methods of controlling the TV.
Turn on Vizio TV Using the SmartCast App
The easiest method to switch on your TV when you’ve lost or lost the remote is using the Vizio SmartCast app for iOS or Android.
It is also possible to operate the Vizio Smart TV without a remote with an app called remote. This means that even if it’s impossible to locate the remote, you’ll remain in control of your TV.
- Get the Vizio SmartCast application for Android via Google Play or go to the App Store and download the application for iOS or a different version based on the device you’re using.
- If you’re the first experience of the app, you’ll have to connect it with a machine. Choose the device >> add on the right-hand side of your screen. You’ll be asked to hold your phone close to it for a brief period.
- Once connected, choose the Control button at the top of the page.
- Choose the devices in the upper-right corner. Choose your display from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the option, you can manage the TV just as your phone is remote. It can be used to switch the TV on or off, change the volume, switch the channel, change the aspect ratio and much more.
How to Turn on Your Vizio TV With a PS4
If you’re a devoted gamer, You may want to speed up the process of getting into the game. This is how you can get your TV to turn on with the simple act of launching the game console.
- Make sure you connect the PlayStation 4 console to the Vizio TV using the HDMI cable and turn it on.
- Select Settings> System.
- Select Enable HDMI Device Link.
- When you power off the PlayStation 4, the Vizio TV will turn on automatically and then switch to the proper input. Furthermore, selecting the option from the menu will switch on your PlayStation 4.
How to Turn on Your Vizio TV With the Nintendo Switch
The procedure is slightly different in the case of Nintendo Switch users.
- Attach your Nintendo Switch console to the Vizio TV via the dock.
- From home, screen choose System Settings.
- Choose the TV settings from the column left. Then scroll down and click “Match TV Power State” to turn it off.
- If you turn off the console to sleep, the input switch off. The TV will change to the correct input channel when you turn the console back on.
A Note on HDMI-CEC and Xbox One
For Xbox One players, there’s no option to turn on the HDMI CEC feature. Although the Xbox can control the TV, it does this via an IR blaster and the Xbox Kinect, the peripheral that Microsoft no longer made. The reason the console isn’t able to allow this function is unclear. However, fans have pleaded to have it included following the release of the Xbox.
How to turn on the Vizio TV without the remote with the Smartphone application?
The VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app is accessible on both the Google Play Store and on the app Store. The app can be used to manage you Vizio TV. Install the app to your phone from the store that you want to download it from.
- Open the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile application on your phone.
- Go to Devices and click Add in the upper right corner.
- Hold your phone near it to the Vizio TV to connect the app to your TV.
- When it’s paired, press to select the control icon at the lower part of your screen.
- You will see the remote layout. Hit on the power button to power the TV on.
- With the application, you are able to manage your Vizio TV easily.
In certain Android phones it comes with a remote control app that allows you to manage electronic gadgets. For instance, there is the Mi Remote app is available for Xiaomi is a great app for Xiaomi smartphone. It is also possible to use those applications to turn the on of you Vizio TV.
There are two methods to start you Vizio TV without a remote. Make use of these tricks for controlling your television in case you’ve have lost the remote. If you know of a method of turning on the smart TV without a remote please share it in the comments section below and let us know.